Have you ever wondered if there were better ways to efficiently clean your windows and sliding glass doors? If so, then you probably haven’t tried out these tricks yet. These are highly recommended by Renewal by Andersen® of Denver to achieve spotless and streak-free windows and doors.
1. Use Vinegar – If you like natural cleaning products, then you can use vinegar as a good choice for cleaning windows. Vinegar, which is a type of acetic acid, cuts grease and doesn’t streak, which makes it ideal for cleaning glass. A cleaning solution of 50 percent white vinegar and 50 percent tap water is usually recommended.
2. Two is Better Than One – Using two different scrubbers is much more effective when cleaning windows and patio doors; one for inside and one for outside. This is to avoid carrying pollutants and bird excrement inside. We also recommend carrying two detailing rags; one’s for dirty jobs like sills and the other for detailing the edges of the glass.
3. Steel Wool is Also Handy – Use this if you need to remove adhesive residue such as tree sap or other tenacious stains from your windows. Specifically, #0000 (4 ought) steel wool is most effective. To remove tough stains, lubricate the glass with a spritz of window cleaner and use a wad of steel wool to buff them away.
4. Use Liquid Dish Detergent – This is capable of cleaning dirt and grease while leaving the glass slippery, so your squeegee glides well. Also use A 100-percent biodegradable soap to protect sensitive plants outside if you have any. The soap will protect toddlers and pets inside as well, especially if they tend to put their mouth on the windows or sills.
5. Replace Old Squeegee and Razor Blades – A 12 to 14-inch squeegee is a good size for most cleaning jobs, but it’s best to put in a new rubber blade after each cleaning to prevent streaks. Meanwhile, microscopic rust particles on a used razor blade can easily scratch the glass, so if you’re using it to remove paint overspray and gunk, make sure to keep the glass wet and use a new blade each time.
When it comes to reliable installation services for windows and French doors, our team at Renewal by Andersen® of Denver can get the job done efficiently. Call us today at (303) 823-4312, or you can conveniently fill out our form online. We serve Denver and neighboring areas.