The kitchen has always been a focal point of family celebrations and friendly gatherings involving food and drink. Making this room efficient and aesthetically pleasing is a must. Here are the most popular choices for residential kitchen windows that you’ll surely want to try.
- Sliding Windows – Sliding windows are a great choice for kitchens because they provide a lot of natural light and ventilation, and they can also be opened up to give a view of the outside. Bright, natural-looking light in the kitchen provides beautiful illumination that is useful during cooking. Additionally, excellent ventilation removes heat buildup and discomfort while cooking.
- Double Hung Windows – Double hung windows have hanging openings, earning their market name. They always come in pairs and open vertically, with one opening directly above the other. These windows provide a clear and wide view of the outside from the kitchen. Their width makes them an excellent choice for kitchen air circulation. In addition, their double safety latches prevent them from opening beyond 3-5 inches on average, ensuring no small animals or children can exit using these windows.
- Casement Windows – A casement window has a hinge on one side and is set in a frame on the other. They open outward and can be opened well beyond the exterior face. These windows are often used on seaside properties as it is easy to slide them open and closed without disturbing the windows next to them. Recently, they’ve seen extensive use in kitchens because of their excellent ventilation capabilities that prevent heat buildup in busy kitchens.
- Garden Windows – Garden windows are an environmentally friendly way of enjoying fresh outdoor air, improving natural light and increasing ventilation in kitchens. Today, modern houses use them for kitchens because the extended frame design creates a focal point in the kitchen and usually serves as a shelf for supplies.
- Sliding Patio Doors – Sliding patio doors have a track that runs on the outside edge of the door. These full-sized windows are useful for kitchens because they can be opened and closed easily, provide excellent ventilation and let natural sunlight inside. They allow the space inside to be open and airy while still providing privacy.
If you need the best window and door installation services in Denver and Colorado Springs, you can always count on Renewal by Andersen® of Denver to provide high-quality results for every project. Contact us at (303) 968-3287 (Denver) or (719) 313-5403 (Colorado Springs) or use our contact form to request a free quote.