As we plan our New Year’s resolutions, adding your windows to your list is an excellent choice. Taking the opportunity to envision well-maintained windows and even French doors can help you start the new year right. In this article, Renewal by Andersen® of Denver shares several window maintenance habits to kickstart your 2020.
Cleaning Your Windows Right
Window cleaning is often overlooked. Cleaning doesn’t just let the air and light in, it helps protect the units from extreme weather conditions and damage due to neglect.
Maintenance Habits for Windows
1. Get rid of piled-up dust- Remove your curtains or blinds and start cleaning up the dust on the corners and window sill.
2. Use a sponge– Plunge that sponge in warm soapy water–just be mindful of too many suds. However, you should also be careful in using strong cleaning chemicals because they can cause damage to the paintwork.
3. Clean the window sills- Make sure to remove the dust and dirt on your window sills. Once done, you can cover it with a towel to keep it safe from window drips.
4. Remove the excess water– An excellent way to take off the excess water on your window and sliding glass doors is by cleaning it with a squeegee in a mirror-S pattern. Also, you must frequently clean the squeegee blade with an old cloth to remove the dirt.
5. Do your window cleaning during a cloudy day- A sunny day can help you easily clean. However, it also dries up the windows quickly, resulting in several streaks on the glass. The best time to clean is on a cloudy day.
When you’re looking for a contractor who can install patio doors and windows, always turn to Renewal by Andersen of Denver. Give us a call at (303) 968-3287 and let’s talk about your home project. We serve clients in Denver.