Fall—with its cool and pleasant weather—is the ideal time to clean and polish your windows. Mucky windows are not only unsightly but also block natural light and can be a source of heat loss. Here, a trusted window company shares a checklist for cleaning your windows in the fall.
- Microfiber cloths
- Soft bristle brush
- Bucket and soapy water
- Vacuum with extension hose
- Glass cleaner
- Clean on a clear or cloudy day. Direct sunlight can warm up glass and cause cleaners to dry too quickly, leaving unwanted streaks.
- Remove draperies and use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe down blinds.
- Dirt can build up on the frames and cause stains. Use a soft brush to remove it. If there are still debris traces on the window, use a vacuum with an extension hose to get the work done. Do not forget to brush the tracks and screens as well as filth can get inside the functioning parts and make your window stick together.
- Line window sills with the microfiber cloth to soak up excess water. Wipe screens from top to bottom using a sponge and soapy water.
- Choose a manufacturer-approved glass cleaner that does not leave residue.
- With a microfiber cloth, mop the glass in a side-to-side or up-and-down pattern. Let the windows fully dry to avoid water marks and streaks.
- If you find that your windows still have streaks after cleaning, simply rinse them with clear water to remove any of the residue or remaining solution.
Call a Professional
Renewal by Andersen® of Denver is a premier installer of replacement windows and doors in Colorado Springs and Denver, CO. Our experienced team is dedicated to delivering the comfort and efficiency every homeowner deserves. Call us at (303) 529-3845 or fill out our convenient online form to schedule a free consultation.