Ideally, patio doors should be cleaned and inspected after winter. This helps correct any damage that may have been incurred during the snowy season, and it also prepares your home for the warmer months ahead.
In this post, Renewal by Andersen® of Denver lists a few essential tips on how to properly maintain your patio door during spring.
Patio Door Maintenance
1. Clean the door tracks and use grease if necessary.
2. Ensure that the sliding glass doors are on the track and able to slide easily.
3. If you have a screen door, make sure that this also slides and works properly.
4. If the screen door is damaged or ripped, replace it immediately.
5. Pay attention to the door frames and glass. Clean both the inside and outside thoroughly, and do not use abrasive cleaning materials or solutions.
6. Check the hardware of your patio door. Ensure that everything is in working condition.
7. Inspect the security latches or other locking mechanism of your patio door. Make sure that they are working correctly. Otherwise, call a professional to determine the cause of the problem and fix any existing issue.
Call a Pro to Service Your Patio Door
If you want to be thorough in inspecting your patio door, you can always ask a professional to do the job for you. With their expertise, they can easily locate issues in your patio door and carry out the necessary repairs. Of course, if your patio door is old and nearing the end of its suggested life span, you might want to consider replacing it instead. If issues have been recurring, you’ll be able to avoid more trouble and expenses if you opt for a new patio door soon.
Whether you’re installing sliding or French doors, Renewal by Andersen of Denver can help you. Call us at (303) 823-4312 in Denver or (719) 419-5496 in Colorado Springs. You can also fill out our contact form to request a free estimate. We serve customers in Denver.