For many homeowners, spring is a good time to replace a window or two. This season typically has drier conditions and good weather, so home improvement projects like window replacement can be done without much hassle.
In this post, Renewal by Andersen® of Denver shares some essential tips on how to ready your home for window replacement.
Why You Should Replace Your Windows in Spring
Spring generally has favorable temperatures that are not too hot or too cold. The weather is also mostly dry, so window installers can easily move around and perform their tasks with no or minimal delay. This means that they are able to finish window replacement projects more quickly since there are no chill or snowfall to consider.
How to Prepare Your Home for Window Replacement
If you’re installing replacement windows in a few days or weeks, here are some helpful reminders to ensure that your home is ready for the kind of tasks involved in window replacement.
- Take down your curtains, blinds or any window treatments before your contractor arrives.
- Move any furniture or personal items away from your windows. You can relocate them to a different area or room so that the installers can easily access your windows. If you have paintings or wall decorations, take them down as well to prevent any damage.
- If you have sensors by your windows, you might want to turn them off for the meantime.
- Ensure that the work zone is closed off from children and pets, if you have any.
- Take note of any trees and shrubs near your windows. Trim them if necessary so that they won’t get in the way of the window installers.
Renewal by Andersen of Denver is a top-rated window company that offers start-to-finish window replacement services. Our team is deeply committed to meeting our clients’ expectations, so you can count on us to deliver quality results. Call us at (303) 823-4312 – Denver or (719) 419-5496 – Colorado Springs. You can also fill out our contact form to request a free estimate. We serve customers in Denver and Colorado Springs.